Friday, July 1, 2011

Going to the chapel...

...well, not really. We're getting married outside our reception site :P But this post is all about wedding stuff! I know, I know. I just can't stop! As my friend Sarah once said to me, weddings are like crack. I think I finally get that now :P

Anywho. Couple ideas to throw out there.

1) Bridesmaid dresses! I've gone from maroon/magenta to purple and finally to blue, or should I say, blues. As of now, I'm leaving a couple options open for my 4 bridesmaids. Same dress, same color. Same color, different dresses. Different colors, different dresses. I prefer long, chiffon dresses but am open to their likes. Here's my inspiration:


Sorry for the poor picture quality. I couldn't find the pic online, so I took a pic with my phone. :P My maid of honor and I fell in love with the dress on the left. She plans to wear it in David's Bridal Horizon color. It's a bright cobalt blue (not shown in pic) and goes well with the 3 shown, which works well for me since I have 4 bridesmaids.

2) Centerpieces! Remember how I've said time and time again that I'm a cheap &*%$#@? Well, just because I want a beautiful wedding doesn't mean I have to break the bank. So from the get-go, I've said I'm going to make our centerpieces. And I plan to do just that. Originally, when I saw this Martha project, I had to visualize it in the colors we'd be using. But now, the colors are much closer to what we're hoping to go with (nothing about the dresses is final yet), so it's easier to visualize :)


I love that I can recycle glass bottles and purchase additional ones from places like Goodwill and Salvation Army. I also love that you get the floral feel without the floral expense. :) 4-5 flowers per table is definitely doable. The how-to says to use enamel paint. I haven't really looked into this, but if there's a significant price difference, I'm just going to use cheap craft paint. I don't need dishwasher-safe paint for one day :P

3) Invitations! In my attempts to be crafty and get creative, I'm making our invitations. I like a simplistic invitation with little personal touches of creativity and style. I found a great DIY tutorial. Love the look of these invitations, and this site makes the whole process very easy. Here's are pics of their finished invites:


I love the embossed stamping idea. I did that once in high school for invitations, so I'm hoping the process comes right back to me (cross your fingers for me!). I've completed the wording of the invitation, directions and accommodations cards. Now, I just need to make the RSVP card and the map for the back of the directions card. We bought an adorable love birds stamp, but I'm not sure if 1) it's big enough to stand out or 2) if it's formal enough for our wedding. We'll see. Our wedding is still 11 months out, so I'm not feeling the time crunch. Yet.

Well, that's all I have for now. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Em! Loving the ideas so far! Have you checked out Cards and Pockets for the wedding invites? They did our and were reasonable (but that was 2 years ago. Here's their info if you are interested: http://www.cardsandpockets.com/

    xoxo,
    Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete