Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Weddings!

I know it's been a while. Between buying a house, planning a wedding, having shoulder surgery and working, things can get just a tad bit hectic around here :P Excuses, excuses, I know.

I have a couple quick (although let's be honest...have any of my posts been quick? I'll try, really I will) updates for you :)

Numero uno. Wedding stuffs! We've picked a date and a location! Drum roll please! (How do you type out a drum roll? Hmm. I'll have to Google that :P) We've chosen the Columbia Station! I mean, really, how could we pass up a caboose as the bridal suite? But in all seriousness, we picked the Columbia Station for two reasons. One, Robert Ryan Catering. 'Nuff said. If you're in the western Phila suburbs area, you absolutely must check them out if you're in need of a caterer (on or off-site). Their food was TO DIE FOR. Not just your typical wedding food. Thank God. Because I gotta say, I'm not normally the biggest fan of wedding food. Not only was the food fantastic, but the presentation and plating was awesome, too! Very modern. The pics on their website actually depict how they plate their food. Not at all what I was expecting. I was pleasantly surprised :) I'm too lazy to c/p photos, so here's a link to the gallery online: http://www.weddingcaterer.com/gallery.htm
Now for reason #2. The people. This is a family-owned and run company right down to the head chef and the events director. The sales woman we worked with was not actually a family member of the owner, but she's been working there long enough to feel like family (but she was still really young, which was nice). She paid close attention to every detail and guided us through our wedding day as we toured the location. Imagine the scene from Wedding Planner when J Lo hooks 'em in with all her descriptions. That's how Frank and I were with Kristen. She made the entire day and planning for the special day just seem so effortless. And as someone who stresses an awful lot, I can very much appreciate that. So in the end, it wasn't a very difficult decision. Sure, I'll still dream about the beautiful landscaping and white gauzy tent from Meredith Manor. But when it came time to bite the bullet, our stomachs did the talking :P As for the date...May 20th, 2012 <3 Less than a year. Holy. Cow. I've got a lot to do! I'm making our invitations, the centerpieces, and the plan is to also make our favors. But we'll see about that. I'm just so excited to dive into the details now! Still a little stressful, but I'll have fun being creative with it.

OK, well, kind of a boring post. No pictures. A bajillion words. But I should have a few home projects coming up here soon. Then I'll let the pictures do the talking. Till next time!Link

No comments:

Post a Comment